Sunday 25 September 2011

A long walk on a beautiful morning

Saturday 24th September 7am - 10.30am
Warm, sunny, calm and dry.

I arrived in misty conditions at Shuart this morning, and in the company of Julian and Alex Perry, I walked up to the railway embankment and headed west. It was very much another day of Chiffchaffs, though the cool start to the walk meant I we probably didn't see as many birds as were in the area. An example of this was a small tree up the lane which had 5 Blackcaps, but none were calling and we could have overlooked them quite easily.

A single Willow Warbler was calling, and there were around 25 Blue Tits working their way through the bushes. I saw a Peregrine sitting in the middle of a field near Wade farm, and a little later the same bird chasing the Woodpigeons.

Walking down to Chambers Wall there was a Kingfisher calling from the river, and more Chiffchaffs, the total for my walk about 60 birds.

I walked back to Shuart along Potten Street Road, and 8 Ring-necked Parakeets flew over towards Shuart, calling loudly.

No comments:

Post a Comment