Thursday 8 September 2011

Another dull day

Thursday 8th September 2011
F 3-4 south westerly winds, mild, dry, overcast.

No change in the weather, and no change in the birding. If anything, it's getting worse! I had an hour's seawatch from the towers around mid day, I only saw a Peregrine fly west, a few Sandwich and Common Terns, and pretty much nothing else.

I had a short visit to Chambers Wall, up to the crossing, managing to hear 2 calling Chiffchaffs, I saw 2 Turtle Doves tucked away in a tree keeping out the nasty wind, and a Kingfisher was playing hard to photograph. I waited quite a while for it to come close enough for a decent picture, but in the end I got bored and gave up. There were a few Sand Martins, House Martins and Swallows around the car park, and that was just about it really.

No comments:

Post a Comment