Wednesday 25 July 2012

Sunny Sunday

Sunday 22nd July 2012 Warm, sunny and calm After a late night at a wedding I wasn't up for an early start, so it was mid-morning by the time I made my way over to Chislet to look for damselflies. Having seen Willow Emeralds a week ago I was hoping there would be a few more about, with the prospect of a few photos. I struggled to find any, eventually finding a female quite high in a tree. I took a photo, but I was at full stretch so it didn't turn out too well. However, I have heard from Marc Heath this week and he has been trying for a photo of Willow Emeralds as well, and he can't stretch nearly as far as me, so I will put this one up for his benefit:
Other bits seen while wandering along included this family of Mute Swans:
A little later I spent some time around the Reculver marsh, adding Black-tailed Skimmer, Emperor, Common Darter, Azure, Blue-tailed and Common Blue Damselflies and this rather obliging Red-eyed Damselfly:
I had a pair of probable Small Red-eyed Damselflies, which would be my first of the year, but they were out over the water and just a bit far to be sure. Back home in the evening I had a walk round Church Woods where I saw both Southern and Brown Hawkers

No comments:

Post a Comment