Saturday 28 July 2012

Chalkhill Blues

Wednesday 25th July Hot, sunny, calm and dry (30C) Another early shift at work, so as per yesterday I took my camera and bins with me in the morning, and at 4.30pm I was out the door and on my way to Lydden to look for butterflies. Apart from one or two dog-walkers, I had the hills to myself on another beautiful warm evening, with hardly a breath of wind. There were Meadow Browns dashing all over the place, but at first glance there appeared few other butterflies. However, a slow wander along the trails that cut across the hills revealed loads of Chalkhill Blues, mostly sitting wings closed.
Apart from the more common butterflies, the whites, Gatekeepers and skippers, there were a few Marbled Whites and many more Chalkhill Blues, a few of which were sitting wings open enjoying the warmth of the sun. Another lovely evening in a superb location.

No comments:

Post a Comment